Chanyoung Jeong, Ph.D.
Department of Advanced Materials Engineering
cjeong at deu.ac.kr
Prof. Jeong received his Ph.D. from the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (Interdisciplinary) at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ, USA) in May 2013. After obtaining his Ph.D., he worked at Alcoa Technical Center as Sr. Engineer which is located in Pittsburgh, PA, the USA from Aug. 2013 to July 2014. And he then worked at LG Electronics (CTO, R&D Campus) as Sr. Research Engineer from Aug. 2014 to Feb. 2017. Currently, he works in the Department of Advanced Materials Engineering at Dong-eui University as Assistant Professor in March 2017.
• March 2017 - Present: Assistant Professor in the Department of Advanced Materials Engineering (Metallurgy & Materials) at Dong-eui University, Busan, Korea: - Multi-functional Smart-surfaces and Corrosion Engineering (ARotS Lab.) - Advanced manufacturing of light metals for a wide range of applications, including automobiles, home appliances and equipments, aerospace, naval systems, and medical devices. - Understand the relationship between the manufacturing process variables and an oxide structures and size.
• August 2014 - February 2017: Senior Research Engineer at LG Electronics (CTO), Seoul, Korea: - R&D Roadmap for Next-Generation Technology, Surface Modification, Super-hydrophobic/-hydrophilic and Slippery Surfaces, Aluminum Heat Exchanger, Anti-Icing/-frosting/-corrosion
• August 2013 - July 2014: Senior R&D Professional at Alcoa Technical Center (ATC), New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA. - Surface Finishing, Anodizing, Aluminum Alloys, Improving Color Appearance, Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
• Prof. Ke Du at Rochester Institute of Technology, NY, US
• Prof. Jae Chul Kim at Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, US
• Prof. Chang-Hwan Choi at Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, US
• Prof. Eon Soo Lee at New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ, US
• Prof. Young-Beom Kim at Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
• Prof. Dongjin Choi at Hongik University, Sejong, Korea
• Prof. Oi Lun Li at Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
• Prof. Jun Kang at Korea Maritime University, Busan, Korea
• Prof. Yeong-Do Park at Dong-eui University, Busan, Korea
• Dr. Kyu-Hwan Lee at Korea Institute of Materials Science, Changwon, Korea
• Dr. Wei Xu at Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, US
Name: Hyejeong Ji (Graduate)
Area: Light Metal Alloys (Al, Ti, Mg), Anodizing, Coating, Corrosion, Machine Learning
Name: Youngju Park (Graduate)
Area: Steel, Aluminum, Zinc, and Zrconium Anodizing, Coatings, Corrosion, Metal 3D Printing
Name: Taein Park (Undergraduate)
Area: Surface Engineering, Metal 3D Printing
Name: Jonghun An
Current: Samyoung M-Tech. http://www.symtek.co.kr
Name: Jinyeong Jung
Current: R&D center at Wonjin World Wide http://www.wonjinref.co.kr
Name: Sangheon Lee (2019)