Chanyoung Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in Department of Advanced Materials Engineering at Dong-eui University
Founder and CEO at ARotS
cjeong at deu.ac.kr
Prof. Jeong received his Ph.D. from the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (Interdisciplinary) at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, NJ, USA) in May 2013. After obtaining his Ph.D., he worked at Alcoa Technical Center as Sr. Engineer which is located in Pittsburgh, PA, the USA from Aug. 2013 to July 2014. And he then worked at LG Electronics (CTO, R&D Campus) as Sr. Research Engineer from Aug. 2014 to Feb. 2017. Currently, he works in the Department of Advanced Materials Engineering at Dong-eui University as Assistant Professor in March 2017.
• November 2020 - Present: Founder and CEO at ARotS: ARotS is a company that produces surfaces that can easily remove pollutants, prevent corrosion, and implement advanced colors with ARotS coating solutions and its technologies.
• March 2017 - Present: Assistant Professor in the Department of Advanced Materials Engineering (Metallurgy & Materials) at Dong-eui University, Busan, Korea: • Multi-functional smart-surfaces and corrosion engineering (ARotS Lab.) • Advanced manufacturing of light metals for a wide range of applications, including automobiles, home appliances and equipment, aerospace, naval systems, and medical devices. • Understand the relationship between the manufacturing process variables and an oxide structures and size. • Development of functional coating solution of superoleophobicity for anti-fouling and anti-corrosion.
• August 2014 - February 2017: Senior Research Engineer at LG Electronics (CTO), Seoul, Korea: • R&D Roadmap for next-generation technology, superhydrophobic, superhydrophilic and superoleophobic surfaces, aluminum heat exchanger, anti-fouling, anti-frosting and anti-corrosion.
• August 2013 - July 2014: Senior R&D Professional at Alcoa Technical Center (ATC), New Kensington, Pennsylvania, USA: • Surface Finishing, Anodizing, Aluminum Alloys, Improving Color Appearance, Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
• Prof. Ke Du at Rochester Institute of Technology, NY, US
• Prof. Jae Chul Kim at Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, US
• Prof. Chang-Hwan Choi at Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, US
• Prof. Young-Beom Kim at Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
• Prof. Sung-Hee Kim at Dong-eui University, Busan, Korea
• Prof. Oi Lun Li at Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
• Prof. Jun Kang at Korea Maritime University, Busan, Korea
• Dr. Wei Xu at Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, US
• Dr. Kyu-Hwan Lee at Korea Institute of Materials Science, Changwon, Korea
Name: Youngju Park (Graduated)
Area: Anodizing, Coatings, Corrosion
Name: Taein Park (Undergraduate)
Area: Surface Engineering, Coating, Anti-icing
Name: Minhyuk Choi (Undergraduate)
Area: Surface Engineering, Coating, Anti-fouling
Name: Jisoo Kim (Undergraduate)
Area: Surface Coating
Name: Youngju Park (Graduate): Researcher at ARotS
Name: Hyejeong Ji (Graduate): R&D center at Pusan University
Name: Jonghun An (Graduate)
Name: Jinyeong Jung, Current: R&D center at Wonjin World Wide http://www.wonjinref.co.kr